On May 9th, 2015, the Board adopted the BLSMWC Residential Toilet Rebate Program. Shareholders are encouraged to apply for this Rebate by submitting an application to the business office. (Application is below.) If approved, the rebate will be applied as credit towards the Shareholder’s account.
Purpose: In order to maximize water resources, the BLSMWC is offering a Residential Toilet Rebate Program. The intent of the Rebate Program is to encourage the use of water-efficient toilets, which benefits both Shareholders and the BLSMWC.
Rebate: If all of the requirements listed below are satisfied, a rebate of $50.00 per toilet (limit 2 per household) will be applied to the Shareholder’s account. Important – please read terms and conditions below.
Eligibility: If your Blue Lake Springs home was built before 1994, and your home where the toilet is installed is serviced by BLSMWC, and you have a toilet that uses in excess of 3.0 gallons of water per flush or more, and you are replacing said toilet with an approved, water-efficient (low-flow) toilet that use 1.6 gallons per flush or less, you may be eligible for this Rebate Program (limit 2 per household). Shareholders must submit to BLSMWC a sales receipt for each purchased low-flow toilet within 1 year from the date of purchase. Shareholders must also allow BLSMWC’s staff to inspect the toilet installation before credit is applied to the Shareholder’s water account. This program is subject to change without notice.
Expiration: When the funds run out.
Rebate Program Terms and Conditions: Important – please read carefully. By signing the Toilet Rebate Application, the Shareholder acknowledges and agrees to the following:
- The high-efficiency toilet/dual-flush toilet (HET/DFT) must be located on the property served by the BLSMWC.
- The HFT/DFT must be installed in a dwelling built before 1994. New construction is not eligible.
- The HET/DFT must have been purchased on or after April 15, 2014.
- The HET/DFT model number for both tank and bowl must be on the EPA’s WaterSense Label list to be approved for this Rebate Program.
- Retain a copy of the Application and the sales receipt for your records. BLSMWC is not responsible for materials lost or delayed in the mail.
- Attach a copy of the original sales receipt to the Application. Receipts must include the make and model of the device purchased.
- Shareholders applying for this Rebate agree to an on-site installation verification. If device installation cannot be verified, the BLSMWC reserves the right to deny the Application. Access to the rebated device must be provided.
Disclaimer: Neither the BLSMWC, nor their agents, make any representation or warranty regarding the devices eligible for rebates under this Rebate Program. By participating in the Rebate Program, you waive and release the BLSMWC, and their agents, from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of the purchase, installation, or use of the devices purchased in connection with the Rebate Program. Any claim the Shareholder may have based upon any defect or failure of performance of a device purchased by the Shareholder should be pursued with the manufacturer/distributor/installer.