My wife, Karen, and I have been homeowners in Blue Lake Springs since 1997. We retired in January 2016. This is our third year as full time residents.
My entire career has centered on water conservation. A California native, working in California as an irrigation professional. I also spent 4 years in the Middle East as Project Manager for the oldest landscape firm in Saudi Arabia.
I’ve served three major water providers:
- East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD): Demand l\1anagement Advisory Committee (DMAC). Long range water supply planning solutions.
- EBMUD: Landscape Advisory Committee (LAC) Liaison developing water conserving sustainable landscapes within the agency.
- Contra Costa Water District (CCWD): LAC- same work as EMUD LAC.
- Santa Clara Water District (SCWD): LAC- same work as EBMUD LAC.
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE): Retired engineer member. (30+years). Emphasis- Soil/Water/Plant Relationships.
- California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA): Life Member; Retired Board of Directors North Bay Chapter.
- Irrigation Association (IA): Represented this international organization to the California State Legislature for draft of AB325, the original state water conservation ordinance.
- California Urban Water Conservation Council (CUWCC): Member representing the IA and Charter signatory to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Best Management
I am certain that I can contribute to this board and look forward to the challenges before us.