General Manager’s Report
Happy New Year to everyone.
A lot of work was done in 2019 on our Infrastructure Improvement Project. We are about 75% complete, and have sent out Notice to Connect letters to some of you. Please remember that we would like to disconnect the old water mains as soon as we can, and we need you to connect to the new water service boxes in order to do that.
If you have any questions or need help with connecting, don’t hesitate to call the office.
WATER USAGE 2019
Usage was up for 2019 by 4.5 million gallons, bucking the trend of the last few years. The cause of this increase was probably a combination of more water breaks because of the new project, and more people using their cabins this year.
In 2018 we had 3% leaks/breaks, and in 2019 we had 4%.
Once the old mains are shut off, we expect to have a reduction in leaks.
Here are the numbers.
- 2013 56,114,000 million
- 2014 46,258,000
- 2015 37,293,000 note: Drought Plan Stage 3 (no outside watering).
- 2016 46,464,000
- 2017 46,920,000
- 2018 46,463,000
- 2019 50,025,000 note: 11% water savings over 2013, the comparison year for the State Drought Report.
Thanks for using water wisely in 2019.
We will monitor the usage as always, to see if this is a trend upward.
STATUS of WELLS
Our main wells 3 and 4 have sufficient storage to supply 1/2 of our system for 2020. This storage is measured in feet of water above the pump. Well 3, our biggest producer, is at 151 feet, and well 4 sits at 775 feet of water above the pump intake. Total production from the wells for 2019: 25,012,000 gallons. For 2018: 22,280,000
That’s all for now.
Blue Lake Springs Mutual Water Co.
P.O. Box 6015, Arnold, CA 95223
- General Manager’s Report July 2022 July 15, 2022
- President’s Report July 2022 July 15, 2022
- General Manager’s Report May 2022 June 6, 2022
- President’s Report May 2022 May 23, 2022
- LRPC March 2022 March 23, 2022