General Managers Report – November
PG&E contractors, ( Trees Inc. and Mario’s Tree Service) are soon to be increasing the number of tree
cutting crews in Blue Lake Springs. If possible, it would be prudent to mark your water service line if you are having trees removed.
Your service line runs between our water box and your house shutoff. If you don’t know where your service line is, you can estimate it’s location. Generally, service lines run in a strait line from our service box to the house shutoff valve. You can mark it with spray paint or flagging, or string it. It is wise to mark the location of your septic tank, and the leach field also.
I have been in contact with the manager of the cutting operation, and he assures me that the crews will be looking for potential problems before the trees are cut.
Our well production was down in October because we are buying half of our water from CCWD. With 2 months left to go, I estimate our total production for the year to be about 23 million gallons, which is much lower than previous years. This allows our wells to recover, and store water for the high usage months of 2017.
Well 3 drawdown is expressed in feet of water above the pump intake, and represents the storage we have available in the well.
- 2015 November Drawdown = 68 feet above the pump intake.
- 2016 November Drawdown = 144 feet above the pump intake.
This means that we have a lot more storage in our well than we had last year.
The usage has dropped off since September, and is about equal to 2014 levels, when we were also in stage 2 of our Drought Action Plan.
I’ll give you the usage numbers for October.
- 2013 = 4,401,000 gallons. No Drought restrictions.
- 2014 = 3,430,000 gallons. Stage 2 limited outside watering.
- 2015 = 2,627,000 gallons. Stage 3 no outside watering.
- 2016 = 3,527,000 gallons. Stage 2 limited outside watering.
We will remain in Stage 2 of our Drought Action Plan, and ask everyone to continue to conserve. The Drought is not over, and we need to maintain our reserves going into 2017.
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday.
Blue Lake Springs Mutual Water Co.
P.O.Box 6015, Arnold, CA 95223
Ph: (209) 795-7025
- General Manager’s Report July 2022 July 15, 2022
- President’s Report July 2022 July 15, 2022
- General Manager’s Report May 2022 June 6, 2022
- President’s Report May 2022 May 23, 2022
- LRPC March 2022 March 23, 2022